Recently, Turkey has worked to expand the government departments concerned with issuing residency permits for foreigners of all kinds, and to provide employees who speak international languages such as Arabic and English, to facilitate communication with foreign applicants.
All residencies are issued by the Security Department (General Directorate of Immigration Management) of the Ministry of Interior, after completing the conditions required for each type.
What is accommodation?
It is an official document issued by the Immigration Department and given to anyone who enters Turkish territory legally, as the types and purpose of residency vary.
Types of residency in Turkey:
The types of residence in Turkey vary according to the applicant’s desire, if he wants to stay for the purpose of tourism, work, settlement, study, investment, and others, including:
• Tourist accommodation
• Work residence
• Family Accommodation
• Real estate residence
• Humanitarian accommodation
• permanent residence
Real Estate Residence:
Real estate residence in Turkey is a type of short-term residence granted to those who own real estate or immovable property in Turkey, and the property or property must be a residential house and used by the applicant for housing.
This residence permit is granted to the husband and children under the age of 18 in the event that the partner “husband or wife” has Turkish citizenship or a work permit in Turkey. under 18"
How long is the family residence in Turkey?
• The duration of the family residence permit shall not exceed three years at a time.
• The duration of the family residence cannot exceed the residence period of the person causing it, if he is a holder of a residence permit.
Student residence in Turkey:
It is also a short-term residence, also called study residence, and is granted to foreign university students at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels, and can be renewed throughout the university years in Turkey.
How long is the student’s stay in Turkey?
In the event that the period of time for the educational period that the student will spend in Turkey is less than a year, the period of residence granted may not exceed the period prescribed for the educational activity, and in case it exceeds that, it is given for a renewable year, provided that the student is responsible for his expenses by the Turkish Grant Foundation or By real or legal persons inside or outside Turkey.
Human Residency in Turkey
It is a protection document granted to people who are unable to stay in their country for specific reasons, under the international agreement signed in Geneva in 1951, and Turkey was one of them.
It is a convenient option if you want to stay in Turkey for more than 90 days, the application process is relatively simple,
But there are some conditions:
You must have a valid passport and travel insurance.
You must prove that you have sufficient financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Turkey.
You need to prove that you have a place to stay in Turkey, such as a hotel reservation or a rental contract.
How long is the tourist stay in Turkey?
Its duration ranges from one to two years.
When a foreigner obtains a work permit from the Turkish Ministry of Labor in the country, he is granted a work permit under the work permit.
This residence is renewed every two years, and it is one of the types of residence permits that qualifies its owner to apply for Turkish citizenship, after five continuous years and continuing to work for the same entity.
In addition to the benefit of obtaining social and health security from the company for free treatment in state hospitals
Permanent residence in Turkey is granted to foreign nationals who meet certain criteria, including having a temporary residence permit for at least five years and not being absent from Turkey for more than six months in any one year. Permanent residents have the right to work, travel and live freely in Turkey. They are also eligible for health insurance and Social Security benefits.
In this article, we collected for you all the information about real estate residence in Turkey.
When a foreigner owns a property in Turkey, he is granted a legal residence permit by virtue of his ownership of that property, and the real estate residence period is up to two years, subject to renewal in the event that he continues to own the property.
Turkish citizenship is not granted by owning a property in Turkey, unless the total value of the property owned reaches 400,000 US dollars transferred from outside the country.
Turkey has a residence permit program that allows foreigners to buy real estate and obtain real estate residence in Turkey. The program has strict requirements, but it is possible to obtain Turkish citizenship after five years of residence.
Real estate residence law in Turkey:
The Real Estate Residence Law in Turkey is included in Articles, No. 31 to No. 33, of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection No. 6458, in addition to Articles 28 and 29 of the Executive Regulations related to the application of the Law on Foreigners and International Protection. Under the item of short-term residence, which is granted to many categories, including those wishing to buy real estate in Turkey.
Conditions for real estate residence in Turkey:
• Title deed of real estate (Tabu).
• Seismic insurance for the property.
• A passport valid for at least six months.
• A family statement for the children translated into Turkish and certified by the Turkish embassy in the mother country.
• Health insurance in Turkish territory for each family member.
How long is the real estate residence in Turkey?
This residency cannot be limited to a specific period, especially since the issue is assessed by the Immigration Department, but it is usually granted for a period of one year at its first issuance, and then it is for a period of two years at most..
Renewal of real estate residence in Turkey:
With regard to the issue of renewing the real estate residence permit in Turkey, it is very easy, compared to other types of residence in Turkey, as it is sufficient for the property to be registered in the Tabu Directorate, in the name of the property owner, in order to renew the residence under it.
How to obtain real estate residence in Turkey:
• Buying a property in one of the Turkish states, and obtaining a title deed.
• Book an appointment online for real estate residence.
• Preparing the necessary papers to obtain real estate residence in Turkey
• Attending the interview at the Directorate of Immigration, in person or under an official power of attorney for the agent.
• Hand over the required papers and documents to the responsible employee.
• Pay the fees imposed for real estate residence in Turkey.
• Waiting while the real estate residence permit is approved by the Immigration Department in the state to which it was applied in Turkey.
• Sending the real estate residence card through one of the mail methods, to the address of the investor's house, which was registered when the papers were delivered.
Documents required for real estate residence in Turkey:
To apply for real estate residency, the following documents must be submitted:
• Application paper for real estate residence.
• A passport valid for at least 6 months.
• A visa with an entry stamp to Turkey.
• Having what is known as DASK earthquake insurance for the property.
• Medical insurance paper. It can be obtained from Turkish insurance companies.
• The family book is translated into Turkish, and certified by the notary public in Turkey Notre.
• The title deed document registered in the name of the property owner.
• 4 personal photos.
• Having a fixed monthly income of not less than $500 per month.
• Bank account.
When is the real estate residency revoked:
Real estate residence permit in Turkey can be canceled in the following cases:
• That the property owner sells his property and does not buy another property
• The presence of forged documents is discovered in the residence application
• Residence may be canceled for security reasons if the person represents a threat to public security in Turkey
• That the current real estate residence period expires and the property owner does not renew it
How can I obtain Turkish citizenship through residency?
Obtaining a family residence for 3 consecutive years
Obtaining a work permit in Turkey for 5 consecutive years
Obtaining long-term residence in Turkey for 8 consecutive years.
Turkish citizenship is also granted to Syrians who have obtained temporary protection status in Turkey, on an exceptional basis, through their nomination from the Immigration Department in Turkey and not by applying.
Points to be noted about the types of residency in Turkey:
• It is not possible to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate residency, unless the price of real estate owned by the foreign resident reaches at least 400,000 US dollars.
• Tourist residency is granted individually, but the file can be submitted collectively to each family, but for example, if the husband holds a tourist residency, this is not a condition for the wife to obtain it.
• The family and real estate residence permits in Turkey can be obtained in addition to children under the age of 18, both disabled children and those with special needs
• The application to renew the residence permit in Turkey must be submitted at most two months before the expiry of the current residence period.
• The student is not entitled to invite the parents to reside in Turkey, or grant them any advantages, but they can, when they want to reside in Turkey, travel to Turkey and request a tourist residence.
• When the property is sold, the resident and his family lose the right of real estate residence
• Upon divorce, the foreign husband/wife loses the right to family residence
• When leaving work and not obtaining a new work contract, the resident loses the right to work residency
• Upon completion of studies or leaving the university, the foreign student loses his study residence.
• Residency must be exchanged after losing the reason for obtaining it, and before the expiry of the legal period of residency