It is the document through which Turks and foreigners are allowed to work in Turkey according to the labor system in force in the country and that guarantees the rights and duties of both the employer and the worker, which is granted by the Social Security Institution or known in Turkey as (SGK)
What is a work permit in Turkey?
The work permit in Turkey is an official residence permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security to work in Turkey.
The Ministry imposes some restrictions on this permission, including working in one job under the supervision of one sponsor, and this permission takes a specific period of time.
If the worker moves from one sponsor to another inside Turkey, he needs to obtain a new work permit.
The work permit in Turkey is limited to a period of one year, and in the event that it is extended again, it is extended in the first time to two years, and in the second time, which is three years.
Conditions for work permit in Turkey:
• The submitted passport should be valid.
• It is necessary for the worker to obtain a tourist residence in Turkey of not less than six months.
• The worker extracts the work permit from the same place from which he extracted the residence card.
• The worker must reside in Turkey on an ongoing basis to obtain a work permit, and in the event that he does not reside in Turkey, he shall submit an application for a residence permit within ten days.
• It is not possible to obtain more than one work permit.
• The company that applies for a work permit for a foreigner must have 5 Turkish employees for each work permit for a foreigner.
Features of work permit in Turkey:
• Take advantage of the powers offered by the Turkish government to the owners of work permits
• Facilitate obtaining a visa
• Treatment at the state's expense in all state hospitals
• The possibility of applying for a visa, which allows entry to European countries
• Having the right to apply for residence permits for the employee's family
• Movement between Turkish states without the need for a travel permit
Types of work permit in Turkey:
Time-limited work permit:
It is the first type of licenses that are granted for a specific period of time estimated at one year at the most. After the expiry of the period, the license can be extended to two years. After the completion of the three years, the foreign worker has the right to work in the site that was specified for him by the Turkish employer or change it. In this case, he benefits from Additional extension of the work permit in Turkey for two years.
• Open time work permit:
This license is granted after the foreign worker proves that he has previously resided in Turkey for 8 continuous and legal years, with the exception of “study residence” or if he proves that the total years of his work residence in Turkey is estimated at 6 years, and it should be noted that the study residence is not counted for him, but it Calculated for his companions such as wife and children.
• Independent work permit:
Granted to those who have completed a work permit in Turkey for a period of five years on a regular basis
Documents required to obtain a work permit through residence:
• A copy of an unexpired passport, valid for a minimum period of 6 months.
• Attestation and translation of the passport from the responsible notary public.
Attestation and translation of the educational certificate from the notary public as well.
• A work contract signed by both parties.
• A recent personal photo.
• Application form for obtaining a permit.
Work permit costs and fees:
The costs of obtaining a work permit vary according to the different types of papers and their attestation, for each paper it has conducted in the Nota, as well as according to the type of insurance, and according to taxes, the cost of the employee’s papers and mailing fees.